Construction worker electrocuted at work
Posted on Wednesday, October 26th, 2011 at 8:27 pm
A 23 year-old construction worker is in the hospital with serious injuries after he overextended the forklift he was operating and hit a power line. A police officer was able to perform CPR and resuscitate man, who was electrically shocked.
A second construction worker was also sent to the hospital when he was injured trying to put out the fire on the forklift. He suffered minor burns and was treated at the scene. Electricity in the neighborhood and nearby school was out for remainder of the afternoon.
Emergency responders say the forklift operator was breathing on his own while he was transported to the hospital.
If you or someone you love has been electrocuted while on the job, contact the Des Moines electrocution lawyers of LaMarca Law Group, P.C. at 877-327-2600.