What should you do if your employer will not let you change doctors?

When individuals receive treatments in workers’ compensation cases, they often are treated by a doctor chosen by the employer. In some cases, individuals are not satisfied with their treatment and ask their employer if they may see another doctor.

While some employers may honor the request, others may refuse to allow an individual to receive treatment from another doctor. When this occurs, individuals have the option of seeking another doctor through an Informal Dispute Resolution.

During this process, a representative of the court will help the two sides agree. If this reconciliation process does not lead to an agreement, individuals may file a petition with the court.

If you or anyone you know cannot get treatment from a doctor of your choosing for a workers’ compensation case, contact the Des Moines workers’ compensation lawyers of LaMarca Law Group, P.C., at 877-327-2600.

The Search Engine Guys