Tips for avoiding common workplace injuries
Workplace injuries can be hard on you in many ways. Fortunately, there are simple things you can do in order to better prevent these injuries from happening. Here are some tips to avoid common back, leg, neck, and knee injuries:
- About 5 minutes of daily morning stretches helps loosen your muscles and stretch your body.
- Know how to properly lift and what specific lifting techniques are best.
- Stand close to the load you’re lifting with your feet shoulder width apart.
- When squatting down, keep your back in neutral posture.
- Make sure your grip is firm before attempting to pick up the load.
- Always lift with your legs.
- Spread out your loads in order to better ease the strain on your back.
If you work in an office, here are a few steps you can take to ease your back:
- Sit in a chair with a straight back and/or low back support.
- Keep your knees slightly higher than your hips. You can do this by adjusting your seat or using a stool beneath your feet.
Unfortunately, many workplace injuries cannot be prevented, leaving workers injured and in need of financial assistance. To get help filing your workers’ compensation claim in Des Moines after being injured at work, contact a lawyer from LaMarca Law Group, P.C., at 877-327-2600.